Front-end Developer and Designer with an emphasis on HTML and CSS and Print Production. Experience includes working with Photoshop files to bring them into HTML layouts, Photoshop Image Retouching, Resizing, and using Illustrator for rebuilding logos, Wireframing, Content Management. Ten+ active years of HTML/CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Other areas of strength include experience with WordPress Theme Production.
• HTML4/CSS2: Expert Level
• HTML5/CSS3: Intermediate
• Adobe Creative Suite Expert Level
• Experience Wireframing page comps Adobe Fireworks
• FinalCut Pro Average
Front End Web Developer
September 2013–November 2014
Clients include: Prairie State Energy Campus (Page Development), AHI – Upright Fall Prevention (Full Site WordPress
Theme Development), Emerson (Page Development), Advanced Energy for Life (Infographic Web Production), Doe Run (WordPress
Site Development, and plug-in modification, Site Management), Elsevier (Site Development, Newsletters ), Peabody Coal (Newsletters),
• WordPress theme modifications, plug-ins, content layout
• HTML Grid Layout, Bootstrap layout and wireframing
• Newsletter creations with MailChimp and Marketo
• Image Slicing and Wire Framing with Adobe FireWorks
• Mobile Device testing
April 2013–September 2013
• Writing jQuery scripts and functions, and using jQuery UI libraries to create eCommerce pages.
• HTML/CSS to help improve the UI and UX
• Usability Testing
• Wireframing pages in HTML, then implementing them with a heavy jQuery component
• Working with Subversion versioning and control software
January 2011–September 2013
Clients included Spoke!, Hughes Design, Science House Foundation, FutureofFacebook.com, ScienceHouseFoundation.org,
MicroGlobalScope.org, PopViewMaps.com, MemoryLayer.com, Dancing Ink Productions, Manzo Architects, EmergentByDesign.com, Van Ella Studios, Yank and Limey. Web Design & Development, Content Management, Site Management, Video Editing, Print and Outdoor POS, POP Production.
• Rebuilt MicroGlobalScope.org and ScienceHouseFoundation.org websites from the ground up, by moving them from static HTML websites into dynamic WordPress Sites. Building and editing themes and templates in order to improve User Experience. Finding plug-ins to meet the clients needs then customizing them with PHP to make them site specific. Manage site content and Asset Creation
• Created HTML5 Navigation Slider for Sciencehouse.com.
• Built static websites using HTML5 and CSS3. Using Illustrator and Photoshop to take vector illustrations and turn them into graphical interfaces for FutureOfFacebook.com.
• Wireframing site comps for OnSTL.com
• www.sciencehousefoundation.org/points-of-science-brazil/ built using HTML5/CSS3. Both MemoryLayer and Points of Science required styling multiple Tumblr sites (using their template CSS methods) to resemble their parent sites
June 2010–December 2010
Clients included Hughes Design, Elaine Swanger Design, Boston Creative, Creative Producers Group where I performed both print and web production for a variety of projects including phone interface mockups, amusement park graphics, print newsletters and convention graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
NSI- The National System – Coca-Cola Team
Initially hired to help migrate copy from one Coca-Cola server to another I took the initiative to use my skills in Photoshop, HTML and CSS to edit images and code when in-house staff was overwhelmed with work. I also downloaded and reformatted video from FLV to WMV when the client was unable to get us the video asset in time for launch. When the client was missing PDF assets their site, I tracked down and downloaded old ones from Google Cache and Archive.org and reformatted them for use with the new site. Copy proofreading and text formatting for web view.
Benjamin-Moore Paint Team
Dropped French copy into the new Benjamin-Moore website. Tested the site for correct French usage, documented and communicated the bugs to IT while asking the nitpicky questions about grammar usage, translation and site functionality.
September 2007–January 2010
YTB International Wood River, IL Front-end Developer
• Designed websites and banner ads for on-line travel agency and e-commerce site: Designed flat banners and button ads in Photoshop and Illustrator and add them to an HTML page, Animated Flash Rotators and embedded Flash video players in Flash/HTML, Full web page design. Layout pages in Photoshop, then “Slice and Dice” them into web pages (after getting them approved through using wireframes) using HTML/CSS/Flash
• Produced a dynamic e-commerce shopping cart using CSS in conjunction with XSLT documents.
• Took 3rd party templates and reformatted them to work within our web space with HTML/XSLT/CSS
• Prototyped wireframe of a new booking engine design in Flex 3 before the project was killed
• Daily web site content management consisting of image replacements and copy changes i.e. dropping in and formatting new copy into tabled and tableless layouts and occasional and formatting with HTML and CSS
March 2007–September 2007
St. Louis, MO Print Production Artist
Clients included: Toky Design, Spectrum Brands, Avala Marketing, National Systems, Adamson Advertising. Time was spent Print Production of direct mailers, newspaper ads, restaurant menus, SeaRay® Catalogs, Web 2.0 icons for Anheuser-Busch Intranet, and pesticide labels.
February 2005–August 2006
Waylon Ad/St. Louis, MO Graphic Production Artist
Took unfinished comp-stage artwork to print-ready final production often resizing pieces to meet multiple publication or marketing specs. Performed image retouching and minor color correction. Used Adobe Flash for animation of company web site. Cut, mount, built and bound presentation boards, and promotional books. Performed minor video and audio production on company reels.
Provided logos and artwork per client’s request.
August 2004–February 2005
EU Concepts/St. Louis, MO Web & Print Production Artist
• Worked closely with lead designer to take rough ideas and make them both print and web ready. Created graphics for client’s interactive kiosks according to strict software specifications. Made adjustments and corrections to live web sites based on client’s needs. Converted serial Flash animations to static navigable HTML pages.
• Produced web graphics and in-store kiosk graphics for: Build a Bear Workshop’s and Darling Shoe Company Website in Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Content management of Grand Country Inn and Reserve Branson using HTML and CSS
August 2004–February 2005
St. Louis, MO Print Production Artist
Clients included: Propaganda and Waylon Ad where I produced restaurant menus and beer marketing materials for print using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
May 2003–August 2004
Rose Design/St. Louis, MO Print & Web Production Artist
• Print Production Designed catalogs, sales books, direct mailers, and lobby graphics for main client, Sigma-Aldrich Produced in-house proposal books
• Spearheaded automated catalog creation project that imported XML data into InDesign using AppleScript to create the copy elements (section headers, chapter headers, item numbers, product descriptions), graphically format them for color and typography then place them in newly created document pages.
• Automated Rose Design’s proposal book which imported text from Microsoft Word into InDesign in order to decrease the time of book production.
Meramec Community College
1993-1995 – Classes in Digital Media
University of Missouri, Columbia
1985–1990 – Bachelor of Science, Education–English
Download Resume pdf